2010年4月25日星期日

Kunst Haus Wien (Vienna Art House)

To my own surprise, my favorite city of this Easter travel is Vienna, the capital of Austria. I had thought before that Vienna could be the most boring one, compared to Prague and Budapest, but it turned out to be a delightful surprise.

I love it basically because it is a very comfortable city to stay in: convenient transportation, clean streets, friendly residents, beautiful city parks, great concerts and ballet at affordable prices...It is a pleasure to simply be there. Plenty to see and plenty to do. Or doing nothing, which is also a delight. That's what I felt about Vienna.
Also in Vienna resided a very admirable architect - Mr. Hundertwasser (1928-2000). People say that Hundertwasser is to Vienna what Gaudi is to Barcelona. "Kunst Haus Wien" is one of his designs that exists in today's Vienna. I love the playful colors he used in this house. The house looks brilliant and lively under sunshine.
Kunst Haus Wien viewed from outside:Poster for current exhibitions:Table and chairs designed by Hundertwasser (colorful shadow under sunshine):According to my observations, "Every museum has a museum shop" (when art meets commercial stuff...lol):
So the conclusion is, Vienna is a lovely place to go, and don't miss Kunst Haus Wien if you go to Vienna. :) For more info: http://www.kunsthauswien.com/index_en.html

没有评论:

发表评论